Miami has a plethora of great beaches that people absolutely LOVE. But different beaches are better for different people. South Beach is absolutely amazing, but the topless optional beach may not be what a family of four is looking for. On the other hand, there are lots of family friendly beaches that offer white powder sand, clean beaches, beautiful vistas, but lack the party atmosphere young singles might be looking for.
So, here are the best beaches based on what YOU want.
BEST BEACH FOR SINGLES
There are lots of great beaches for singles to mingle in Miami, but there’s nothing better than the world re-known South Beach section of Miami Beach.
Yeah, there’s a reason South Beach is its own brand. There’s a reason people flock from all over the world to enjoy the sand, surf, and bevy of beauties that lay out on South Beach.
Here are some of the things that make South Beach so great:
- Lummus Park – Lummus Park is a pedestrian park between Ocean Drive and the sand, beach, and ocean. Lummus Park is a fun place locals walk, run, skate, bike, etc. There are areas for working out. There are mini-playgrounds for kids. And there are amazing beach volleyball courts used by locals and tournaments alike.
- BIG BEACH – South Beach is a HUGE BEACH with lots of sand. That means you can have tens of thousands of people soaking up the South Beach rays with plenty of space for more folks. There are lots of beaches that simply do not have as much real estate as South Beach, but South Beach is the king of having lots and lots of spaces for literally tens of thousands to enjoy the beach.
- PEOPLE – South Beach has a vibe and energy about it because of the people. There are so many people from different backgrounds in all shapes and sizes and in all ages, although it is clearly dominated by the 20 – 30 year old crowd.
- BEAUTIES – South Beach has the most beautiful women in the planet. That’s a strong statement, but it is entirely true. Why? Miami attracts the most beautiful women from around the world. It is a mecca for swimsuit models, Instragram models, and beautiful ladies from a variety of backgrounds. The volume and variety of beautiful women found in Miami cannot be matched anywhere in the world.
- Entertainment – The other thing that makes South Beach so attracting for singles are all the adult entertainment options. Some of the finest restaurants in the world, world-class hotels, and clubs that stay open till the wee hours of the morning continue to draw the party animals from around the world.
BEST BEACH FOR FAMILIES
As much as we LOVE South Beach, it’s a topless beach. That means you may not want to bring little Johnny and little Jane to South Beach. It’ll surely be an eye opening experience for the little ones.
Instead, we recommend a beach that is away from the hustle and bustle and party atmosphere of south beach. We recommend taking the family to an island oasis just south of South Beach. The island of Key Biscayne. Specifically, we recommend the beach at Bill Bagg’s State Park at the southern end of Key Biscayne.
Bill Bagg’s State Park enjoys the same warm waters as South Beach on a beautiful, more natural beach away from the hotels, clubs, and bars that make South Beach famous. Bill Baggs has been rated as the Best Beach in America several times and is a local secret that’s been enjoyed by South Floridians for years.
Getting to Key Biscayne is easy as it connects directly to the Miami mainland via the Rickenbacker Causeway. In fact, many of the famous scenes from Miami movies and Miami Vice were shot driving along the beautiful causeway.
The State Park also features the iconic Cape Florida lighthouse, the oldest structure in South Florida. Daily tours are available with paid entrance fee.
If you’re traveling to Miami and want to hit a beautiful beach that is family friendly, this is the place to go.